Sunday, October 23, 2011

ROTW (5,6,7...now I'm almost caught up): Blendin' stuff

  • The Eskimos have 400 words for snow.
  • According to Jonathan Safran Foer in Everything is Illuminated, the Jews have 400 words for schmuck. (My Yiddish-expletive-fluent grandma could attest to this better than I, but I think it's close to the truth.)
  • According to me, hot days have 4 words for heaven:  smoothie, crush, milkshake, and icy blended beverage.
Today was hot. Really hot. ... So ... Guess what I did??????


ROTW (5):  When you buy a large PAPAYA (and when do you not? I picked up the smallest pawpaw I could find in the market today, and it was - as my friend puts it - the size of a small child)

Ingredients
1 cp chopped papaya, juice of 1 lime, 1/4 cp mint leaves, 1 tsp grated ginger (or ginger crystals), 1/2 cup milk, honey to taste

Instructions
Blend the stuff. Garnish with mint leaves. Eat!

ROTW (6):  When the AVOCADO is so soft it might melt in your hand, and you feel like drinking a meal (but it's still too early for beer)

Ingredients
1/4 large avocado, 1 small banana (equals 1/2 regular banana), splash of water, honey to taste

Instructions
Blend. Eat!

ROTW (7):  Whenever - seriously, WHENEVER - you have PASSIONFRUIT on hand (sadly I polished off my last one this morning, but this would have made trip to heaven #3 of the day)

Ingredients
2-3 small bananas (peeled, cut, and frozen if you thought this far ahead), guts of 2 passionfruits, 1 cp plain yogurt

Instructions
Blend. Eat!

Now I know that some of these might sound weird, but don't be a schmuck - putz, schmendrik, or schmo - and knock it before you try it. Just blend and eat, then tell me how it was.
And by "it", of course, I mean your trip to heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment