Thursday, August 11, 2011

Recipe of the Week (1): Avocado-is-a-fruit! salad


The competition was a perfect draw - Recipe of the Week vs. Snapshot of the Week - until 1 hour ago, when I made this recipe that just HAD to be shared. Credit goes out to a street vendor in the highlands of Kenya, who first introduced me to avocado in fruit salad. 'Tis absolutely divine. And I didn't even get sick!

Ingredients
1 mango, 1/4 small watermelon, 4 small passionfruit, 1/2 huge avocado

Instructions
1. Wash - twice, once with sink water and once with bottled water
2. Cut - don't take your GMO seedless watermelons for granted, because let me tell you, de-seeding this Ugandan melon was a doozie
3. Mix
4. Eat
5. Go back for seconds

Perhaps I will eventually take some photos that are good enough for SOTW status, but ROTW definitely won the first week's fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment